How can we help you?
Dr. Farahani invests a great deal of time listening to her patients to understand not only their past dental history, but also their goals and concerns for their oral health, overall health, and well being. This includes answering all of your questions. We believe that anything you ask is important, and we've compiled a list of some of the most common questions we hear from patients. However, if you don't find the answers or information you need here, we encourage you to contact our office and speak to one of our knowledgeable staff members or dentist.
Stay Relaxed with NuCalm
If you feel anxiety or fear about visiting the dentist, we offer a medication-free solution called NuCalm. This technology was created to help soldiers suffering from PTSD, and it combines the use of an all natural product with acoustic therapy to provide deep comfort and relaxation. Here's how the four-step process works:
- All-Natural Chewable Tablets (Gaba and L-Theanine) are administered at the beginning of your appointment. These chewable and good tasting tablets immediately create a natural relaxation response.
- FDA-cleared Microcurrent Stimulation is applied via tiny patches placed below each ear. This current helps to rapidly assist the relaxation response.
- Soothing Music is then delivered through noise-canceling headphones. The music actually features a proprietary neuroacoustic pattern designed to facilitate deep relaxation.
- Light blocking eyemasks are then used to remove visual stimuli and help to maintain your peaceful and relaxed state.
Many of our patients find that this is all the relaxation that they need to feel at ease during their dental procedures, which eliminates the need for other sedation methods such as Nitrous Oxide (laughing gas) or oral sedation.
Harmony Dental Wellness is much different from the average dental practice in several key ways. Dr. Sheila Farahani is committed to your total health and has created an office where the whole body is taken into account. In addition, we provide an exceptional environment to help you feel relaxed. Here are a few things you can expect that set us apart.
A Complete Dental Experience
- Dr. Sheila Farahani spends extra time getting to know you on a personal level so she can understand and recommend which dental procedures will best help you achieve your goals for a healthy and beautiful life. We consider the effects of diet, medications, stress, sleep habits, work environment, and even personal habits when we look at your health. We then use the most modern technology and techniques to ensure for you the longest lasting and most natural results.
- Harmony Dental Wellness features the Solea Laser to provide many services without needles, drills or pain. We also use 3D scanning technology to streamline the communication process with our labs and provide you with higher quality restorations in less time than other offices.
- The Nu-Calm system is also available for your use. Originally created to help soldiers suffering from PTSD, this system reduces anxiety without medication by using soothing neuro-acoustic sounds embedded within beautiful music. Ask us to come in a few minutes before your visit to try it!
With an eye on our impact on the environment, Harmony Dental Wellness consciously chooses to use organic and natural materials, where possible. We provide comfort items for you such as heated lavender neck wraps, warm hand towels, fresh beverages, and soothing aromatherapy during your visit. Please don't hesitate to tell us if there is more we can do for your comfort!
If you are ready to learn more about experiencing dentistry in a whole new way, we encourage you to contact our dental office today to schedule your next dental appointment.