How can we help you?
Dr. Farahani invests a great deal of time listening to her patients to understand not only their past dental history, but also their goals and concerns for their oral health, overall health, and well being. This includes answering all of your questions. We believe that anything you ask is important, and we've compiled a list of some of the most common questions we hear from patients. However, if you don't find the answers or information you need here, we encourage you to contact our office and speak to one of our knowledgeable staff members or dentist.
We hear and understand your concerns about Coronavirus and COVID-19. The good news I can give you today is that our office is one of the cleanest places you could visit! In addition to the standard, universal precautions we always take in sterilizing and disinfecting, we have added additional measures to keep you safe. We are so dedicated to your health and safety that our precautions exceed CDC and OSHA regulations!
Every patient and staff member is pre-screened for COVID symptoms or exposure risk and their temperature is recorded before they enter the office.
Here are some additional measures we are using to keep you safe:
1. Our lobby, doors, counters, keyboards, and all other frequent-touch items are being disinfected after each use.
2. Enhanced personal protective equipment is in use by all clinical staff
3. All patients are asked to disinfect their hands upon entering and leaving our office.
4. Books or other community-use items have been removed from the lobby.
5. Social distancing aids have been placed around the office to help you maintain a safe distance
6. We have extended the time for each appointment and decreased the number of patients on the schedule to allow for enhanced disinfection between patients.
We have plenty of supplies to ensure protection of our patients and staff!
Should you have concerns, we are happy to answer your questions. We look forward to seeing you soon and wish health and wellness for you and yours!
Sheila Farahani, DDS
Affordable Dental Services at Harmony Dental Wellness
Most of our patients have dental insurance and use their benefit with us! However, we are a little different than many other dental offices in that we are out-of-network with all insurances. This doesn't mean that you can't use your benefits at our dental office. We are happy to file insurance claims on your behalf and even request a pre-determination to find out an estimate of your benefit! Being out of network means we don't adhere to the set fees that insurance companies hold network dentists to. This allows us to offer our patients the personalized care that they need without restrictions. Being out-of-network also enable us to work with the most exceptional dental laboratories that provide the level of artistry and quality that we know our patients deserve.
Our patients appreciate the level of dental care they receive at Harmony Dental Wellness, which embodies care for your whole body and well being. And most of our patients agree that they have never received this type of service and dental care at any other practice they've visited.
Paying For Treatment
We do ask that you pay for your treatments at the time of service. We will then file your claims and complete the paperwork necessary for insurance to process your visit. You should receive a reimbursement check directly from your insurance company shortly after your visit for the amount of your contracted benefit. Please feel free to contact our office anytime with questions you have about your treatment plan, financial options, and insurance benefits. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff are here to help you receive the procedures you need to achieve optimum oral health.
Another way we are different from other offices is that, at Harmony Dental Wellness, we pay attention to saliva. Saliva is a vital component to your oral health! Of course, there are the obvious benefits of lubricating your food and helping you speak, but did you know that saliva does so much more?
Testing For Gum Disease
Your saliva is a fantastic buffer to neutralize the acids made by bacteria and helps prevent cavities and gum disease. Throughout your experience with us, we will monitor your saliva. At your first visit, we measure the quantity and consistency of your saliva and ensure that adequate saliva is being produced from all three major saliva ducts in your mouth. At all hygiene appointments, we measure the pH of your saliva to screen for reflux, buffer capacity (quality) and other possible issues. If periodontal (gum) problems are present, we may recommend salivary testing.
A simple sample of your saliva can tell us what kinds of bacteria live in your mouth and how many of them there are. That means we will know which antibiotic, if any, is best for your mouth. Dr. Farahani always tries to avoid the use of antibiotics unless absolutely necessary and she believes that saliva testing allows her to choose a medication that will be minimally impacting to the rest of the body. Use of the correct antibiotic in conjunction with gum therapy can result in a reduction of your harmful bacterial levels to below your body's reactive threshold levels.
In some situations, we may recommend the use of that same saliva sample to screen for genetic markers or viruses, such as HPV, that would indicate higher risk for you of diseases such as cancer. While most people think of HPV as being related to cervical cancer, it more commonly causes throat cancer.
We are always looking for ways to prevent disease! Call our office if you have any further questions.
Harmony Dental Wellness is much different from the average dental practice in several key ways. Dr. Sheila Farahani is committed to your total health and has created an office where the whole body is taken into account. In addition, we provide an exceptional environment to help you feel relaxed. Here are a few things you can expect that set us apart.
A Complete Dental Experience
- Dr. Sheila Farahani spends extra time getting to know you on a personal level so she can understand and recommend which dental procedures will best help you achieve your goals for a healthy and beautiful life. We consider the effects of diet, medications, stress, sleep habits, work environment, and even personal habits when we look at your health. We then use the most modern technology and techniques to ensure for you the longest lasting and most natural results.
- Harmony Dental Wellness features the Solea Laser to provide many services without needles, drills or pain. We also use 3D scanning technology to streamline the communication process with our labs and provide you with higher quality restorations in less time than other offices.
- The Nu-Calm system is also available for your use. Originally created to help soldiers suffering from PTSD, this system reduces anxiety without medication by using soothing neuro-acoustic sounds embedded within beautiful music. Ask us to come in a few minutes before your visit to try it!
With an eye on our impact on the environment, Harmony Dental Wellness consciously chooses to use organic and natural materials, where possible. We provide comfort items for you such as heated lavender neck wraps, warm hand towels, fresh beverages, and soothing aromatherapy during your visit. Please don't hesitate to tell us if there is more we can do for your comfort!
If you are ready to learn more about experiencing dentistry in a whole new way, we encourage you to contact our dental office today to schedule your next dental appointment.