To our wonderful patients,
I hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal lives and routines. The good news is that we are open and ready to serve you! While many things have changed, I want to assure you that one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority at Harmony Dental Wellness and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are done so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. I want to tell you about the procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office exceeds infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations. Our whole staff is currently undergoing training to ensure that everyone is proficient in the new standards set by the Texas Dental Board to keep everyone healthy.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office. In addition, we will check your temperature upon your arrival.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, and so forth since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. There will be clear barriers between you and our front desk staff to maintain safe distancing and there will be markings on the floor to help you maintain a 6-foot distance from other patients.
- Appointments will be spaced to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. If you have an existing appointment with us, we may call to move that appointment. We know it is inconvenient to reschedule, but we appreciate your understanding of the necessity.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time. If we see that there are too many people in the waiting room, we may ask you to wait in your car until we are ready to bring you back. You can also elect this option if it makes you feel more comfortable!
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (512)346-1212 or visit our website at www.harmonydentalwellness.com.
Thank you for being a part of our dental family! We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Sheila Farahani, DDS, and the Harmony Dental Wellness Staff